The camp comprises of four sleeping tents and a social tent. Large hammocks suspended in trees allow for ultimate relaxation, while private outdoor terraces are ideal for dining, spotting passing wildlife and enjoying the region’s burning sunsets. The camp has running water and electricity, using a combination of solar panels and generator, to provide the utmost comfort in nature.
Four spacious tents, adorned with fabrics and handcrafts from different regions of Colombia, showcasing the country’s artisans and captivating cultural diversity. Each tent includes:
- Private terrace with lounge chairs, and a traditional hammock (beside the tent)
- 1 king bed or 2 twin beds with premium mattresses and sheets
- En-suite bathroom with vanity table
- Flush toilet and running shower
- Personal desk, closet space, and storage trunk
- Radio communication system
- Portable USB battery packs
- Additional cot bed available for one child per tent (ages 4 – 12)
The social tent provides a shared space with comfortable sitting area and main dining space.
- Board games
- Yoga mats
- Lawn games including pétanque, badminton, frisbee and croquet
- Cocktail bar complete with premium liquors and wines
- Bose speakers and endless playlists with relaxing music and our favourite classics
- Indoor and outdoor dinning tables
- Bonfire area
- Collection of books on Colombian wildlife, birds, and culture
Corocora’s chef prepares all meals and snacks at the camp, emphasizing products sourced from neighbouring communities and local markets. Our onsite chef strives to use local techniques and traditional recipes from Los Llanos and other regions of the country to showcase the very best of Colombian cuisine. Breakfasts are served at leisure, with warm local breads and pastries, fresh juices, top Colombian coffee, a variety of teas, homemade jams made from exotic fruits, farm-raised eggs, and exquisite seasonal fruits.
Lunches are light and healthy, served at the camp or on the go, depending on the activities of the day. Dinners are served on a communal table inside the Social Tent or by the bonfire, where guests can share their stories of the day. Guests also have the option of enjoying a private dinner and bonfire on their terrace. Throughout the day guests can nibble on snacks and local fruits, and every afternoon enjoy sundowners with premium wines and liquors from our bar.
Corocora Camp is located in a remote private reserve, and is accessible by plane, helicopter and car. The closest city to the camp is Yopal, the capital of Casanare department.
Yopal has ± 10 daily flights from Bogota (1 hour) via Avianca, LATAM and EasyFly. Yopal also has direct flights from/to Bucaramanga with EasyFly, the main airport of the beautiful Andes mountains with colonial towns like Barichara. Please note these commercial flights are on twin-engine turbo propeller planes with 48-68 seats (ATR 42-500 and ATR 72-600).
Corocora Camp can make the arrangements of all ground transfers, helicopter/plane flights, and private jet charters to easily transfer between Yopal and other destinations in Colombia. Please contact our reservations team for availability and rates.
All year round:
- Long-sleeved, light coloured cotton tops
- Lightweight full length trousers
- Trousers suitable for riding
- Riding boots (optional)
- Walking shoes
- Rain poncho
- Wellington boots (available on request)
- Light-weight, quick-dry clothing